Watercraft Service in Colorado
Regular service and maintenance are the most effective way to keep motorcycles and UTVs running smoothly and efficiently, and this is no different for watercraft. Watercraft service helps ensure your Jet Ski, WaveRunner, or any other personal watercraft (PWC) remains pristine through professional engine care, impeller inspection, and tune-ups when necessary.
At Fay Myers, we provide professional motorsports and watercraft repair and maintenance services, regardless of the model or manufacturer. Our team of certified technicians is trained, skilled, and well-equipped to deliver exceptional services, from regular oil changes to more extensive repairs and maintenance.
Importance of Regular Watercraft Service
One of the greatest pleasures of a hot Colorado summer might be to skip across the water on your Jet Ski or WaveRunner. However, one sure way to instantly kill the fun would be to find yourself stranded out in the middle of the water. Personal watercraft require regular attention and maintenance to keep them running smoothly, so it’s best to schedule routine maintenance for your PWC with our top-rated watercraft service center in Colorado. Our maintenance services help keep your watercraft in its ideal condition and ensure a safer and more reliable watercraft while avoiding potentially expensive repairs.
Prevent Costly and Time-Consuming Repairs with Our Comprehensive Watercraft Service
Watercraft service offers multiple benefits to your vessel, primarily when performed by a factory-trained and certified technician. Fay Myers provides comprehensive watercraft maintenance solutions that help prevent annoying, costly, and time-consuming repairs. In addition, we offer a wide range of boat repairs and services to cover all your watercraft maintenance needs.
- Engine: Our technician will check your engine for cracked hoses, loose belts, and corrosion and ensure the outboard motor is placed securely.
- Oil and filter: Our watercraft service includes routine oil and oil filter changes to protect engine parts from wear and other related issues.
- Other fluid levels: Your vessel features other fluids that keep it running correctly throughout the year. Our technicians check various fluid levels.
- Impeller: If your jet ski slows down or makes an unusual sound from beneath, there may be an issue with the impellers. Small bits of debris inside the impeller channel can cause the rotors on the rotor assembly to fail, resulting in poor performance and possible engine damage. To fix this problem, we will inspect the condition of the impeller blades and perform any needed repairs.
- Battery: Our technicians will ensure your vessel’s battery is in good working condition and inspect connections for corrosion and clean connectors if needed.
- Electrical lines: We can replace damaged, broken, or deteriorating electrical wires to avoid instances of short circuits.
- Hull: Your watercraft’s hull is critical and requires proper maintenance. Our technicians can inspect your hull for blisters and cracks and ensure all drain plugs are in place.
Fay Myers also provides general watercraft services and preventative maintenance that help evaluate your vessel against other related faults and provide prompt repairs. With our maintenance and repair experts, we ensure the delivery of world-class and professional watercraft maintenance solutions in Colorado.
How Often To Service Jet Ski: Common Maintenance Schedules
All vehicles require regular maintenance and service, whether it’s a motorcycle or UTV, and watercraft are no different. Watercraft need specific maintenance because of the environments they are used in. It’s important to also consider that watercraft might only be used for a few months out of the year, which adds to what type of maintenance should be performed.
Monthly Watercraft Maintenance
During parts of the year when you are using your watercraft, you should perform or seek regular maintenance services that cover the following:
- Apply anti-corrosion spray to anything metal or electrical in the engine compartment. This will help prevent rust and general corrosion that can lead to costly repairs.
- Apply silicone spray lube on any metal or moving parts at the jet pump and reverse bucket.
- Apply a vinyl protector to the seat to preserve it from fading and wear.
Annual Watercraft Maintenance (or 50 Hours, Whichever Comes First)
Annual watercraft maintenance is vital to the longevity of the vehicle and covers the following:
- Engine oil and filter change.
- Replace the spark plugs.
- Inspect the engine mounts for signs of wear or damage.
- Check the coolant tank level, and inspect for leaks or damage.
- Inspect the air intake and hoses for signs of wear or damage.
- Check the battery charge and terminals for damage or corrosion. Watercraft batteries should be replaced every 3 to 5 years.
- Check drain plugs for signs of wear or damage.
- Check the impeller and impeller shaft for any signs of damage or obstruction.
Many PWC owners take the opportunity for annual service and maintenance when performing de-winterizing services, which can save time and money.
Jet Ski Winterizing and Summer Prep Services
Ensure years of high performance and low-stress fun by performing Jet Ski winter and summer prep services. To keep your jet ski running smoothly, it is important to maintain its condition throughout the year. At Fay Myers Motorcycle World, our professionals provide effective jet ski winterizing and maintenance services to guarantee you can spend more time on the water. We offer comprehensive service packages designed specifically for your jet ski model. These include routine inspections, cleaning, lubrication, repair, and parts replacement.
Professional Watercraft Service Center in Colorado
To ensure your Jet Ski or WaveRunner is in its best working condition for years to come, you need knowledgeable and skilled watercraft repair and maintenance services. At Fay Myers, our highly trained technicians are passionate about maintaining and servicing your vessel to ensure you get the most out of it.
As a top-rated Watersport & Powersports service center in Colorado, we are dedicated to delivering quality service from WaveRunner repair to Jet Ski servicing. If you are looking for a reputable watercraft service near me, contact us, and we will get you in and out of our repair shop in an efficient and timely manner.
Photo Credits: Alex Traveler, Timofeev Vladimir, BONDART PHOTOGRAPHY